The International Stevia Council (ISC) consists of a General Assembly, a Board of Directors and an Executive Committee. The ISC has two continuous Committees as well as several Working Group and Task Forces which are established on the basis of the activities and the projects that the Council wishes to carry out.
The ISC follows a set of governing rules known as the Bylaws of the Association.
The General Assembly consists of all International Stevia Council’s members, Full and Associate Members. The General Assembly:
- Considers the Executive Director’s annual report on the activities of the Council during the previous year and plans for the coming year
- Considers and agrees upon the accounts of the previous year and the budget for the coming year
- Elects the Board of Directors and the President, Vice-President and Treasurer of the Council
Board of Directors
The Council is managed by a Board of Directors whose members are appointed by the General Assembly for a two-year period. The responsibilities of the Board of Directors include:
- Managing the business and affairs of the International Stevia Council
- Setting the overall strategic directions of the Council
- Making an annual report to the General Assembly.
For the period 2021-2022, the Board of Directors is composed of the following five Directors (in alphabetical order by member company):
- Oscar Goddijn of Avansya
- Andrew Ohmes of Cargill
- Sidd Purkayastha of Ingredion/PureCircle
- Luca Giannone of SweeGen
- John Stewart of Tate and Lyle
The Executive Committee executes those powers conferred upon it by the Board of Directors. The Executive Committee consists of the President, Vice-President and Treasurer of the Council and of the Executive Director in a consultative capacity.
For the period 2021-2022, the Executive Committee is elected during the General Assembly and is composed of:
- President: Sidd Purkayastha
- Vice President: Luca Giannone
- Treasurer: Andrew Ohmes