Benefits of Companies Joining the ISC
The global landscape for stevia is rapidly changing and with the increased adoption of stevia in food and beverage products different players in the stevia value chain face new challenges and a single global voice is needed to address these challenges.
ISC is listening, engaging and responding to these issues in order to offer the following best in practice benefits to companies manufacturing or using stevia extracts and steviol glycosides:
1. Engagement with global regulators to create a favorable regulatory landscape for stevia in all markets around the world:
- Support new regulatory authorizations
- Help reduce inconsistencies in existing stevia regulations
- Remove regulatory barriers
- Expand stevia uses in additional food categories
2. Global Surveillance of New Initiatives Involving Stevia
- Develop plans to identify and mitigate risks
3. Ingredient Reputation Management
- Programs to protect the “halo” around stevia amidst new challenges
- Programs to promote Stevia’s unique value proposition and points of differences
- Established tools for an industry response to different audiences and stakeholders
The International Stevia Council (ISC) has two categories of membership:
- Full Membership (includes voting rights)
- Associate Membership (does not include voting rights)
There are three categories of full membership: Refiners, Ingredient Users and Leaf Growers and Producers
Refiner members are companies engaged in the manufacturing of stevia and steviol glycosides with a purity level in accordance with JECFA specifications for steviol glycosides or equivalent approved specifications.
Ingredient User members are companies that use high purity stevia as an ingredient. These include food and beverage manufacturers, tabletop producers, flavor houses and other users of stevia.
Leaf Growers and Producers
Leaf Supplier members are individual or companies that grow or produce stevia leaves or are representatives of stevia producers, including national or regional stevia leaf producers’ trade associations.
Associate members are individuals, companies or organizations with an interest in the stevia value chain. (Individual stevia leaf growers may choose to be an Associate Member and receive information about the industry.)
The benefit, the activities and the yearly dues depend on the membership categories a company chooses.
Please click on the membership categories and the type of member that best reflects your company´s activity and you will receive an explanation on the benefits of joining the ISC, the activities related to your membership and the yearly dues.
Please open the brochure below to understand the benefits of joining the ISC, the activities related to your membership and the yearly dues.